Built in 1906, the Old Engineering Building was one of the University of Idaho’s original structures. Over the years, the building housed the Applied Science Department and the School of Mines, as well as engineering classrooms, offices, and labs. In 1951, it was razed due to unsafe conditions within the building. Two stone benches were created with the remnants, one can be seen in the snow of the today photo. The building that is currently there is the Niccolls Home Economics Building, built in 1952.
PG 1-56-29, 1929; today photo by UI Library Special Collections staff;