On the snowy morning of February 28, 1924, four discovery cuts were made for the Dayrock Mining Company. Located about 3 miles north of Wallace, ID, Dayrock Mining Company became one of the main producers of lead and silver for the Day interests. Originally incorporated as the Stratton Mines Company in 1923, the Days and their associates were the major stockholders from the start, owning over a third of the outstanding shares. Frequent board membership changes up through 1928 eventually saw the original namesake become a business rival.
MG 272_2-29, discovery photos, party: Fred Merriam(?), James A. Wayne, Harry W. Marsh, 1924.